Java EE (Java Platform, Enterprise Edition) is a platform for server programming using Java. The new features of Java EE make it even more adaptable and make it easy to outsource Java development, for example. The new features allow portability and scalability of enterprise applications and also work with legacy systems enabling offshore Java development.
Java EE allows developers to develop scalable, large and multi level security based network applications. Increasingly, Java EE is also useful for Java developers and organizations in this networked world where the norm is to outsource Java development. To simplify the development of enterprise application, Java EE comes with clearly demarcated functional segments. This modularity in approach helps to harness the full potential to Offshore Java development.
The application is split into multi-tiers depending on the functionality: a client tier, middle tier, and data tier. Development in particular tiers can be outsourced enabling a flexible approach to outsource Java development.
Client tier: This particular level comprises of an application that makes a request to the Java EE server. The server returns a response back.
Middle tier: This level contains business functions that handle application related data and client requests.
Data tier: the data tier comprises of data servers, enterprise resource and a host of other data sources. These data resources are typically stored in a system separate from the Java EE server.
Java EE server executes the Java EE APIs and offers Java EE services. The Java EE server offers services to various component types in the form of containers. To offshore Java development, a containerized architecture provides immense flexibility. The different containers are:
• Java EE containers offer an interface that helps in supporting the particular component and this interface exists between component and the lower level functions.
• Web container offers an interface between the web server and web components.
• Application based client container offers an interface between Java EEclient and the Java EE server.
• EJB container providing an interface between Java EE and enterprise beans.
To get started on Java EE development,
• Get Java EE 6 SDK
• Get NetBeans IDE and all necessary plugins
• Configure the environment